Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
A provisional advanced booking can be made for any time or date (subject to availability), but can only be accepted as confirmed upon receipt of a paid deposit.
We will hold provisional bookings for a period of 7 days before re-releasing the date
On confirmation of booking a deposit of £150.00 is payable.
Payments can be made by Credit Card, bank transfer or Paypal.
The final balance is payable 6 weeks prior to course commencement.
Cancellations before course dates
All monies for bookings are non-refundable but transferable.
All cancellations must be received in writing 28 days before course commencement.
If you need to cancel and we are able to resell your place, we will refund all monies paid.
Important: if the client replacing you, does not take any accommodation already booked, then this cost will be deducted from the refund.
We will endeavour to cover the itinerary stated, but cannot be held responsible should weather or situations beyond our control affect them
In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond our control, our liability shall be limited to a full refund of the monies paid.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Shoot Smart does not store any financial information on our website or customer database. Any information that is held as strictly confidential and is not made available to any other agency or organisation outside of Shoot Smart.
You are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms upon either payment of a deposit, completion of a booking form, commencement of work or any use made of
any images in whole or in part.
Workshop & Training Terms & Conditions
- If a workshop is purchased as a gift, payment of the full cost of the workshop is required within 7 days of the invoice being issued. Workshops purchased as gifts are not eligible for a refund although recipients may upgrade the workshop if they wish.
- If a workshop is cancelled by the participant more than 7 days of the workshop:a) You will be offered to attend another workshop on a different date.b) You will receive a refund minus the booking fee amount for that particular workshop or one-to-one training session.
- If a workshop is cancelled by the client less than seven days in advance, no refunds will be given.Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios reserves the right to cancel any workshop or training session due to several factors. Please see below:a) If the weather is unfavourable and both parties agree that the workshop should not go ahead, the client will be given the choice to select a mutually agreeable date if a 1-2-1 workshop or to choose another workshop. If you are unable to make another date then you will be refunded minus the booking fee. I will always endeavour to give 48 hours' notice in these cases. If you wish for the workshop to go ahead, as long as there are no safety concerns we will go ahead as planned although suitable alternative locations for the weather conditions may be sought.b) In circumstances such as extreme weather, illness or emergencies. In these instances, I endeavour to provide as much notice as possible and you will be given the choice to either re-book your training session or to receive a full refund.
c) Client numbers are too low (group workshops only).
- In the case of small group workshops where there may be more than 1 participant involved unless all parties agree to cancel the workshop will go ahead. A refund of the associated fee for that individual is subject to the terms in points #2 and #3.
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios aims to provide the most enjoyable and successful session possible given the weather conditions. However, I take no responsibility for the weather as it is outside of my control. We will always seek to find alternative locations to suit the conditions where necessary
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios does not accept liability for any extra expenses incurred due to cancellations. Including, but not limited to hotels, train tickets, fuel etc.
- It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance coverage before you set out on the workshop or training session. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission by Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios (while acting in the course of employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
- It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate insurance for personal belongings such as camera equipment, money and personal effects. These are not covered by my insurance on the day and you should seek your own personal insurance for these. Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios will not accept responsibility for such items.
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios reserves the right to change the itinerary at any point due to the influence of the weather and ground conditions. Any changes will be advised with as much notice as possible. If the changes are due to safety, then Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios will seek to change the date of the workshop.
- Shoot Smart/Red 5 Studios reserves the right to cancel any workshop if I perceive the client to be unsafe through the fault of their own. In these situations, the workshop will end and no refund will be given.
- By paying a booking fee or paying for a training session or workshop in full, you are accepting these terms and conditions which form a legally binding contract. If you are purchasing on behalf of a third party, you are accepting the terms & conditions on their behalf.
- Any challenges to these terms & conditions are subject to English Law and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.